Last week, Oracle released the long-awaited FDMEE 18.104.22.168.200 (Patch 22452414) to the general public. As expected, they fixed several defects and added two major features:
- Ability to connect to Cloud (PBCS) EPM Applications
- Data Relationship Management (DRM) Integration with FDMEE
In this post I will go over how to install the patch and test the new hybrid feature. One thing worth mentioning, DRM 22.214.171.124.340 (Patch Number 23012151) needed for DRM to integrate with FDMEE, has not yet been released (as of today).
Applying This Patch (Oracle Readme)
To apply the Pre-Requisite Oracle JDeveloper (ADF) Patch 21240419:
Note! If you have installed Hyperion Financial Management release 126.96.36.199.200 or higher, then this patch is already a pre-requisite and it is not required.
- Download patch 21240419 from the My Oracle Support site.
- Prior to proceeding with this PSU implementation, refer to the readme for important information that includes along with the prerequisites, a full list of the defects fixed, along with additional support information, details for applying patch and troubleshooting FAQ’s.
The Readme file is available from the Patches & Updates download screen.
- Copy the file 21240419.zip to:
MW_HOME\oracle_common\OPatch (replace the value for MW_HOME for your environment. Default location C:\Oracle\Middleware)
- Change the directory to:
- Unzip the 21240419.zip and 22452414.zip.
- Run the opatch as follows:
opatch.bat apply MW_HOME\oracle_common\OPatch\21240419\oui -oh MW_HOME\oracle_common -jre MW_HOME\jdk160_35
To apply the FDMEE release:
- Stop the FDMEE service.
- Change the directory to: %EPM_ORACLE_HOME%\OPatch(Replace the values for EPM_ORACLE_HOME for your environment). For example, specify:c:\oracle\middleware\epmsystem11R1\opatch
Run the opatch as follows (replace the values for EPM_ORACLE_HOME, MW_HOME and EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE for your environment):
opatch apply 22452414 -oh %EPM_ORACLE_HOME% -jre %MW_HOME%\jdk160_35
For example, for Windows enter:
opatch.bat apply C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\OPatch\22452414-oh C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1 -jre C:\Oracle\Middleware\jdk160_35
All database schema changes and ODI Scenario changes are updated during the FDMEE Server startup. Review the FDMEE server log (for example, aif-odi-install.log) after a successful startup. Errors due to objects (tables, indexes) already existing can be ignored. This happens when you apply the patch more than once.
- Start the FDMEE service.
- Restart the HTTP server.
Configuring the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate
Using the updated FDMEE 188.8.131.52.200 admin guide (available here), we are going to follow the directions on pages 218 through 220 to configuring the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate.
To configure the SSL Certificate:
1. Export the SSL certificate for the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud site.
The following example shows download information in a Mozilla Firefox browser.
a. To download the certificate type in the URL, click the Lock.
b. Select the site and view the certificate.
c. Click the domain in the hierarchy, export and save the certificate.
d. Assign the name pbcs.crt.
2. Copy the certificate file to your server, and import the certificate to the WebLogic keystore.
Note: The following instructions are for the Demo Key store in Web Logic. If you are using the production data store, modify parameters accordingly
a. At a command prompt, type:
C:\Oracle\Middleware\jrockit_160_37\jre\bin\keytool -importcert –keystore DemoTrust.jks -storepass DemoTrustKeyStorePassPhrase -file c:/temp/pbcs.crt -alias “pbcs_pod_name”
For the “file,” specify the directory and certificate file name.
For the “alias,” specify the appropriate name.
3. Using the WebLogic Admin Console, modify two WLS SSL settings.
a. Login to the WebLogic Admin Console.
b. Select Lock and Edit.
c. Select Servers (under Domain Structure), and then click on the server (i.e EPMServer0).
d. Select SSL and then expand Advanced.
- In Hostname Verification, select Customer Hostname Verifier
- In Custom Hostname Verifier, enter:
- Enable JSEE SSL
e. Save and activate changes.
f. Shutdown all services and reboot.
FDMEE Hybrid – Adding a PBCS Target Application
- Login to your Oracle Cloud instance and navigate to Data Management/FDMEE Setup tab, then click on Target Application. Under Target Application Summary, click on Add then Cloud.
- Enter your credentials (see below)
- Select the application type, then click Save
- If you get a similar error message, ensure you have followed all the steps while configuring the SSL Certificate
- Your Dimension Detail should look as follow
- Your Application Options should look as follow
All other setup definitions, such as import format, location, and data rule are defined in the exact same way as any other EPM application.